To assist the nation with responding to and recovering from the coronavirus pandemic and the unique role that America’s innovators play in unlocking technologies to address the nation’s health, safety, and manufacturing needs, EDA is developing a CARES Act innovation and entrepreneurship challenge.
In the coming weeks, EDA will announce this exciting challenge and funding opportunity.
EDA is proud to support communities working to build businesses and jobs of the future, and encourages interested stakeholders to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook and sign up for EDA’s newsletter to receive updates on our CARES Act work and the release of this exciting funding opportunity.
The FY20 Capital Challenge (formerly known as “Seed Fund Support”) seeks to increase access to capital in communities where risk capital is in short supply.
The Capital Challenge provides operational support for…
- the formation, launch, or scale of investment funds that seek to invest their capital in scalable startups
- organizations with a goal to expand capital deployment within a community, region, or regional industry (i.e. angel networks or investor training programs)
The Capital Challenge may award up to $5 million in grants in FY2020.
- 2020 Build to Scale NOFO (PDF)
- 2020 Build to Scale FAQ (PDF)
- 2020 Build to Scale Webinar - Recording
- 2020 Build to Scale Webinar - Slides only (PDF)
- Previous Competition Resources
To stay up-to-date on the latest innovation and entrepreneurship program news, including announcements of any future funding opportunities, please check OIE's Highlights page regularly and sign up for EDA’s newsletter.