Concept Proposal responses for the Build to Scale Program were sent via email at 12 noon ET on April 28, 2020 to the email address which submitted the Concept Proposal only. A total of 609 Concept Proposals were received with 138 receiving encourage responses. If you did not receive a response to this email, contact email@example.com. At this time, the Full Application deadline remains June 14 and your organization must have submitted a Concept Proposal to be eligible to submit a Full Application. Please note, this is still an active competition and EDA will not be able to provide individual feedback on Concept Proposals at this time.
The FY20 Capital Challenge (formerly known as “Seed Fund Support”) seeks to increase access to capital in communities where risk capital is in short supply.
The Capital Challenge provides operational support for…
- the formation, launch, or scale of investment funds that seek to invest their capital in scalable startups
- organizations with a goal to expand capital deployment within a community, region, or regional industry (i.e. angel networks or investor training programs)
The Capital Challenge may award up to $5 million in grants in FY2020.
- 2020 Build to Scale NOFO (PDF)
- 2020 Build to Scale FAQ (PDF)
- 2020 Build to Scale Webinar - Recording
- 2020 Build to Scale Webinar - Slides only (PDF)
- Previous Competition Resources
To stay up-to-date on the latest innovation and entrepreneurship program news, including announcements of any future funding opportunities, please check OIE's Highlights page regularly and sign up for EDA’s newsletter.