National Advisory Council on Innovation & Entrepreneurship (NACIE)
The National Advisory Council on Innovation & Entrepreneurship (NACIE) is charged with identifying and recommending solutions to issues critical to driving the innovation economy, including enabling entrepreneurs and firms to successfully access and develop a skilled, globally competitive workforce.
The Council will serve as a vehicle for ongoing dialogue with the entrepreneurship and workforce development communities, including working with business and trade associations. The duties of the Council are solely advisory, and it reports to the Secretary of Commerce through the Economic Development Administration and the Office of the Secretary.
2016-2018 NACIE members tackle innovation and entrepreneurship opportunities at the Lab@OPM in Washington, DC.
Reports and Recommendations
- Making America Competitive through Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Productivity (PDF)
- Community Exchange Recommendation (PDF)
- Encyclopedia of Innovation Measures Recommendation (PDF)
- NACIE Operational Recommendations (PDF)
- SBIR/STTR Recommendations (PDF)
- The Free Agent Economy: Scope, Impact, and Implications for U.S. Competitiveness (PDF)
- Create a Dollar-Denominated, Macro-Level Innovation Measure (PDF)
- Creating an Encyclopedia of Innovation Measures (PDF)
- Increasing Commercialization Outcomes of the SBIR/STTR Programs (PDF)
- Align Efforts to Increase Investment in Basic and Applied Research Through Changes to the Tax Code (PDF)
- Growing Community Economies with Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PDF)
- Use Real-Time Labor Market Data to Improve Job Matching and Job Training (PDF)
- The Innovative and Entrepreneurial University: Higher Education, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Focus (PDF)
- Improving Access to Capital for High-Growth Companies (PDF)