EDA Vista Corps
EDA’s unique partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) combines the local resources and overlapping missions of both organizations to build prosperity in regions across the country.
EDA provides funding and technical assistance to advance prosperity in distressed communities, while CNCS provides human resources in the form of “Volunteers in Service to America” (VISTAs). Both organizations seek to develop lasting solutions to economic distress in America.
Under this combined program, EDA-designated Economic Development Districts (EDDs) receive VISTA Members for a one-year term to extend their mission of leading locally based, regionally driven economic development planning. Each VISTA assists their assigned EDD by undertaking tasks and building capacity in areas where EDD resources shortfalls exist.
Now Recruiting 2020 EDA VISTA Corps Members
Click here for a recorded version of the EDA VISTA Corps EDA Informational Webinar to learn more about the positions!
EDA VISTA Corps Positions Flyer (PDF)
EDA VISTA Informational Webinar for EDDs
- VISTA Pilots Community Engagement Initiative in Acadiana Planning Commission Region
- EDA AmeriCorps VISTA Supports 5-Year Planning Efforts in East Texas Council
- Southwest Arkansas EDA AmeriCorps VISTA Supports Regional Economic Development Planning
- South Texas Development Council Strategizes to Increase Workforce Development
- EDA AmeriCorps VISTA Develops Interactive Map to Promote Regional Assets in Lower Rio Grande Valley
- EDA AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Works with Acadiana Planning Commission to Boost Region’s Capacity to Create Economic Opportunity
- Regionally-Driven Economic Development Planning at the South Plains Associations of Governments (SPAG)
- EDA AmeriCorps VISTA Supports Economic Development Efforts in East Arkansas
- Developing Comprehensive Economic Natural Disaster Strategies in Northwest Arkansas
- EDA VISTA featured by the College of Public Policy and the University of Texas at San Antonio on his role as a VISTA